Looking for Ride Routes? you've come to the right place.
The rides below depart from Howard Gilman Water Front Park, 120 St. Marys Street, St. Marys, Georgia
The rides below depart from the Camden County PSA Recreation Center, 1050 Wildcat Dr. Kingsland, Ga
General information about our rides:
Camden Cycling Club (CCC) offers various opportunities for both on and off-road cycling. Generally, we try to ride at least twice a week with a variety of distances and paces with details listed on our Facebook pages. Except for our two yearly signature events, The DuWoody and the Three Rivers Ride. Our rides are free for members and do not require pre-registration. We welcome non-members to join our rides to try us out for up to three rides. We hope they enjoy the experience and become members.
“A” Difficult, 45 to 100+ miles
- 19-22mph average on flat terrain
- 16-19mph average on rolling/hilly terrain
- 15-16mph average on very hilly terrain
“B” Advanced, 25 to 90 miles
- 15-18mph average on flat terrain
- 13-16mph average on rolling/hilly terrain
- 12-14mph average on very hilly terrain
“C” Moderate, 15 to 75 miles
- 12-15mph average on flat terrain
- 10-13mph average on rolling/hilly terrain
- 9-11mph average on very hilly terrain
Our Club rules for riders are pretty straightforward. Arrive early enough to set up your bike, sign the ride waiver and listen to the mandatory safety briefing given 10 minutes before the ride. Our rides leave on time and don’t wait for last minute arrivals.
As a participant on one our rides you will be expected to adhere to the following:
- IN CASE OF SIGNIFICANT INJURY, ATTEND TO DOWNED RIDER AND CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL RIDERS.
- BICYCLES MUST HAVE BRAKES IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION.
- RIDE PREDICTABLY AND COMMUNICATE YOUR INTENTIONS.
- CALL OUT HAZARDS AND DANGERS TO OTHER CYCLISTS.
- PASS OTHER CYCLISTS ON THE LEFT AND CALL OUT “ON YOUR LEFT.”
- OBEY ALL TRAFFIC SIGNALS INCLUDING STOPS SIGNS AND RED LIGHTS.
- SIGNAL TURNS AND STOPS WITH APPROVED HAND SIGNALS.
- DO NOT OVERLAP WHEELS (KEEP FEET BETWEEN BIKES, NOT INCHES).
- NO EARBUDS, HEADPHONES OR USING PHONES WHILE CYCLING.
- DO NOT USE AEROBARS WHILE RIDING IN A PACELINE.
Anyone riding on a CCC sponsored ride must sign a ride sheet at the beginning of the ride, which includes a Waiver of Liability – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Start from Camden Bicycle Center 1929 Osborne Rd St. Marys, Georgia (912) 576-9696 at 7:30 AM. The A/B rides are generally 25-50 miles in length. C groups rides range from 10-30 miles.
Tuesday Evening Rides:
Start from Camden Bicycle Center 1929 Osborne Rd St. Marys, Georgia (912) 576-9696 at 4:30 PM. This ride is an A/B are generally 25-35 miles.
Various day rides are ridden and this information as well most other ride opportunities will be posted on our Facebook pages.
Check Facebook Page for the latest information on our rides Click here.
We also have a travel group known as the Easy Riders that like to participate in various charity rides as well as exploring new places and visiting their favorites occasionally.
Check the Easy Rider Facebook page for more information Click here.